Daniel and Manton rethink WWDC’s Apple Bash location, and celebrate the recently announced scholarship program for the conference. They catch up with Daniel’s productivity challenges, and lament the discipline required to finish any major release. Daniel checks in with his blogging habits and how they may relate to passion for MarsEdit. Finally, the two look to Marco Arment as an example of repeatedly trying new ideas and iterating on the aspects that work.
Many thanks to our sponsors this week:
- WWDC Scholarships – Apple’s official invitation and guidelines.
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium – Location of the 2016 WWDC Apple Bash.
- San Jose City National Civic – Possible location for the 2017 WWDC Apple Bash.
- MarsEdit – Daniel’s Mac-based blog editing app.
- Inessential – Weblog of Brent Simmons, original author of MarsEdit.
- Black Ink – Daniel’s Mac-based crossword editing app.
- Overcast – Marco Arment’s podcast listening app for iOS.
- Under the Radar – Indie development podcast from Marco Arment and David Smith.
- Castro 2 – Supertop’s iOS podcasting app.
- Supertop Podcast – From the makers of Castro.
- @manton2 – The sequel.
- Overcast Ads – Current inventory and pricing.
- Do What You Can’t – Inspirational video from Casey Neistat.
- Hardware Mind Virus – Episode 211 of ATP in which Marco elaborates on ad successes and priorities.