Daniel and Manton react to Apple’s surprisingly transparent “roundtable” meeting with several members of the press, and celebrate the many positive signals coming out of the event. They engage in a friendly debate about the likelihood that Mac users will defect to Windows. Finally, they talk about the merits of professional software, and the negative impacts that a poor market for such software may be having on iOS as a platform.
Many thanks to our sponsors this week:
- TextExpander for Teams: The Productivity Multiplier.
- Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 Top Tech Companies with 1 Application.
- The Mac Pro Lives – John Gruber writes about Apple’s special press event outlining the Mac Pro’s future.
- The Reset Button – Matthew Panzarino writes about the Mac Pro announcements.
- Osborne Effect – Age-old adage about the risks of premature product announcements.
- Workflow Acquisition – TechCrunch story on Apple’s acquisition of the popular iOS automation app.
- This Might Be Our Fault – The Connected podcast discussion of Workflow’s acquisition.
- Panic 2016 Report – https://panic.com/blog/the-2016-panic-report/
- Coda for iOS – Prime example of Panic’s professional-grade app development for iOS.