Daniel and Manton talk about Manton’s decision to hire Jean MacDonald as Micro.blog’s Community Manager, and the psychological effects of transitioning from a single to multi-person company. They also react to this week’s Apple announcements, focusing mainly on Apple’s new Clips app and how it relates to Apple’s historic focus on facilitating user creativity.
Many thanks to our sponsor this week:
- Digimarc: The best mobile scanning solution today. The only solution for tomorrow.
- Guiding the Micro.blog Community – Manton announces the hiring of Jean MacDonald as Community Manager.
- @macgenie – Twitter account of Jean MacDonald.
- Smile – Mac software company where Jean MacDonald was formerly a partner.
- App Camp for Girls – Summer day camp for girls, founded by Jean MacDonald.
- MarsEdit – Daniel’s Mac-based blog editing app.
- Inessential – Blog of Brent Simmons, original developer of MarsEdit.
- History of Technorati – Summary from the company which appears nothing like it used to be.
- Clips – Apple’s forthcoming socially-oriented, visual mash-up app.
- Internet Explorer for Mac – Wikipedia page about the history of the once-dominant Mac web browser.
- Aqua Introduction Keynote – Steve Jobs announces Aqua at Macworld SF in 2000.
- Paper Airplane Icons – Daniel’s post about the use of paper airplanes as a metaphor for mail.