Manton and Daniel talk about MarsEdit’s selection by The Sweet Setup as the “Best Mac WordPress Client,” and reflect on the psychological boost of having one’s work appreciated. They talk about the potential upside to Mac development and the privilege of having a head-start as long-time Mac programmers. Finally they discuss rumors of Apple’s “Spaceship” office building and what the office layout is rumored to be.
Many thanks to our sponsor this week:
- Linode: Cloud Hosting for You.
- Best WordPress Client – Stephen Hackett writes about MarsEdit on The Sweet Setup.
- @ismh – Stephen Hackett on Twitter.
- MarsEdit – Daniel’s blog editing app for the Mac.
- Inessential – Blog of Brent Simmons, original developer of MarsEdit.
- Future of Computing – Marco’s piece from last week about Mac’s possibly bright future.
- Channeling Steve Jobs – Julia Love writes about Apple’s forthcoming “Spaceship” campus.
- Which Is It? – John Gruber contrasts claims from Julia Love’s article with earlier claims by Mark Gurman.
- We Work Austin – Manton’s part-time co-working space.
- University of Texas at Austin – Manton’s alma mater.
- The Joel Test – Classic blog post from Joel Spolsky about optimizing work environments.
- Presentable #17 – Episode of Jeff Veen’s product development and design podcast on Relay.
- Typekit – Internet font service now owned by Adobe.