Manton closes in on the last week of his Kickstarter, and Daniel catches up on his progress. They discuss new beta updates from Apple for both Mac and iOS. They react to Apple’s forthcoming review prompting system for iOS, and the ability for developers to respond to reviews on both Mac and iOS. Finally, they debate the merits of Siri vs. Alexa on grounds of reliability and viability as an international, long-term success.
This week’s show is unsponsored. Please consider posting a job, or looking for your next hire on Core Intuition Jobs: Connecting Cocoa developers with their next dream job.
- iOS 10.3 and macOS 10.12.4 – Ars Technica runs down the list of changes in the forthcoming OS releases.
- Indie Microblogging – Manton’s Kickstarter.
- requestReview() API – Documentation added to iOS 10.3 SDK.
- Apple Explains… – Jim Dalrymple summarizes his impressions of the new review behavior, after a briefing from Apple.
- Additional Details… – John Gruber follows up with some additional tidbits gleaned from his own briefing.
- appFigures – A service for easily searching and monitoring app reviews (among other things).
- f.lux – Third-party screen color adjustment utility, similar to Apple’s Night Shift feature.