Daniel asks Manton about his Kickstarter progress, two weeks in. Manton talks about marketing for the Kickstarter, how many people watch the video, and how to transition from marketing the passionate philosophical backers, to making a case for the sheer utility of the product. They talk about modern advertising technology that allows hyper-focused delivery, and follow up on Chris Lattner’s departure from Apple, and the exciting opportunities he will likely have at Tesla.
Many thanks to our sponsors this week:
- Digimarc: The best mobile scanning solution today. The only solution for tomorrow.
- Linode: Cloud Hosting for You.
- try! Swift NYC – Developer conference whose 2016 event featured a magician.
- Safe Replies – Manton’s new feature and stretch goal for Indie.blog
- App.net is Shutting Down – Announcement from Dalton Caldwell and Bryan Berg.
- Twitter Ads – Advertiser-oriented information about the Twitter ad offering.
- Withheld Tweets – Twitter documentation on a feature that can be used to for example block neo-nazi propaganda in Germany.
- Swish on App Store – Daniel’s only iOS app.
- App Store Search Ads – David and Marco take on the topic on Under the Radar.
- Nothing to do With Openness – Chris Lattner responds to allegations he left Apple because of their culture of secrecy.
- Tesla Irresistible – Chris Lattner shares thoughts on Tesla with MacRumors.
- You’re Only Stable When You’re Dead – ATP discusses Lattner’s departure from Apple.
- SpaceX Nails Rocket Landing – CNN report on the successful SpaceX launch last week.
- People Don’t Use the Weird Parts – Published after we recorded, ATP interviews Chris Lattner.