Daniel and Manton dive into Apple’s controversial suspension of Dash developer Kapeli’s App Store account, and respond to listener Q&A about whether non-sandboxed apps are at risk of removal from the Mac App Store.
Many thanks to our sponsors this week:
- Linode: Cloud Hosting for You.
- Fabric, Twitter’s mobile SDK: Leverage the power of Crashlytics, Twitter and MoPub to help you build the best mobile apps.
- Dash – Documentation viewing app from Kapeli.
- Removed From the App Store – Kapeli’s post about Dash’s removal from the App Store.
- Kapeli’s Reputation – Manton’s post decrying Apple’s tarnishing of Kapeli’s reputation.
- Apple Responds – Jim Dalrymple with a prepared statement from Apple about the Dash situation.
- Daring Fireball – John Gruber follows up on Jim Dalrymple’s post.
- You Don’t Know Everything – Matt Drance implores people to take stock of their ignorance before condemning Kapeli.
- Solving for Dash – iMore’s Rene Ritchie implores Apple to take the high road and reinstate Kapeli’s account.
- A Test for Apple – Manton writes about how Apple and the community should move forward with respect to Dash.
- Bogdan’s Side of the Story – Kapeli’s Bogdan Popescu gives a few details and shares audio from Apple’s phone call to him.
- Bogdan’s Draft – The blog post that Bogdan proposed to Apple he would publish, at their request.
- Dear Dash Users – Kapeli seems to accept that Dash will not be reinstated to the App Stores.
- Clipstart – Manton’s video-management app for Mac.