Manton and Daniel discuss Manton’s experience at the Release Notes conference, talk about the rationale for supporting what might be considered edge-case behaviors in apps, and dig deeper into questions of freemium pricing, reflecting on the Omni Group’s pertinent announcements. Finally they talk briefly about Google’s latest announcements and what their competition means to Apple.
Many thanks to our sponsors this week:
- Release Notes – A conference about indie business.
- Michael Tsai – Mac programmer and blogger extraordinaire.
- Target the Forward Fringe – Daniel’s old blog post about satisfying bleeding-edge customers.
- MarsEdit – The venerable blog editor for Mac.
- The Best Possible App Store Experience – The Omni Group announces its new freemium approach to selling apps.
- #madebygoogle – Video from Google’s October 4 special event.
- Pixel Phone – Google’s newly announced iPhone phone.
- Five Things Apple Can Learn – Serenity Caldwell breaks down some cogent observations from the Google event.