Daniel and Manton react to the European Union’s €13B retroactive tax demand to Apple, talk about the impact of tax laws on indies and small companies, and weigh in on Apple’s purported AI and machine learning triumphs. Finally they catch up on their ambitions to be more productive as the busy summer transitions to fall.
Many thanks to our sponsors this week:
- Zendesk: Bring native, in-app support to your app.
- Fabric, Twitter’s mobile SDK: Leverage the power of Crashlytics, Twitter and MoPub to help you build the best mobile apps.
- Apple vs. EU – Reuters reports on the EU’s €13B demand.
- As Little Tax as Possible – Manton responds with a comparison to a US Presidential candidate.
- AI and Machine Learning at Apple – Backchannel story by Steven Levy about Apple’s AI endeavors.
- I Do Feel the Pea – Guy English joins John Gruber on The Talk Show.
- Try! Swift NYC – Swift developer conference in NYC run by Natasha Murashev.