Manton and Daniel talk about Pokémon Go and the apparent salvation of Nintendo, appreciate the value of longevity in a brand, and discuss Manton’s soft announcement of Snippets.today. They chat about the challenges of smoothing over first-launch or first-introduction problems with new products and services, and give props to Matt Mullenweg as an empowered defender of the open web.
Many thanks to our sponsor this week:
- Linode: Cloud Hosting for You.
- Pokémon Go – The most popular successful mobile game launch of all time?
- $7 Billion – Nintendo’s stock valuation increased by billions in just two days.
- The Pokémon Company – The company that Nintendo owns 33% of.
- Disney – Another company with highly marketable fictional characters.
- Snippets.today – Manton’s soft-announced new microblogging service.
- Medium and the Open Web – Evan Williams interview with Joi Ito.
- Matt Mullenweg – Founder of Automattic and chief instigator of WordPress.
- Mortgaging Your Site’s Future – Matt Mullenweg quips about risk of hosting on a site like Medium.
- Dave Winer – RSS pioneer and open web advocate.