App Store improvements, paid ads, subscriptions, app review times, home office and coworking setups, final impressions and game plan for WWDC week socializing and time planning.
Many thanks to our sponsors this week:
- Linode: Cloud Hosting for You.
- Fabric, Twitter’s mobile SDK: Leverage the power of Crashlytics, Twitter and MoPub to help you build the best mobile apps.
- What’s New in Subscriptions – Official update from Apple about upcoming changes to App Store subscriptions.
- Introducing Search Ads – Information from Apple about App Store search ads.
- Paid App Store Search – Daniel’s blog post from a month ago dismissing the idea of App Store ads.
- All App Stores – Confirmation from John Gruber that the new features apply to Mac, iOS and tvOS.
- I Know Apple – Dan Counsell speculates that Apple announced early to avoid bad PR.
- Section 11.15 – Pertinent section of App Store review guidelines to subscription pricing.
- WeWork Austin – Manton’s coworking space.
- Ditmas Workspace – The coworking space Daniel used in Brooklyn.
- Manton’s Office – All neatened up for photographing, photo set from 2005-2008.
- Layers – Design-oriented conference in SF the same week as WWDC.
- AltConf – Free developer conference in SF the same week as WWDC.
- WWDCParties – Web site dedicated to cataloging various social activities around WWDC.
- Parties for WWDC – Separate iPhone app for parties at WWDC, with feature to track which events you’re going to.
- sfMacIndie.com – Long-standing developer party to kick off the week at WWDC.
- You Are Not Alone – Daniel’s tweet about the risk of anxiety and loneliness at WWDC.