Daniel and Manton take stock of their off-the-cuff podcasting style, follow up on Apple Pay, discuss Tim Cook’s interview with Charlie Rose, celebrate the acquisition of Unread by Supertop, and get serious about the future of micro-blogging.
Download (MP3, 46 minutes, 22 MB)
- Moto 360 – The smartwatch from Motorola/Google that definitely beat Apple’s watch to market.
- Contactless Payment – Wikipedia page about the genre of payment mechanisms that includes NFC-based solutions such as Apple Pay.
- Google Wallet – Google’s long-available equivalent of Apple Pay.
- Paid for Shake Shack – Matt Mullenweg tweets about his experience using Google Wallet.
- Tim Cook Interview Part 1 – Charlie Rose interviews Tim Cook.
- Tim Cook Interview Part 2 – Second part of Charlie Rose’s interview.
- Swift Blog – Apple’s blog dedicated to the Swift programming language.
- Unread Acquisition – Blog post from the folks at Supertop, who recently acquired Unread.
- Now a Supertop App – Jared Sinclair announces the acquisition of Unread from his own perspective.
- WordPress.org – Self-hosted version of the popular blog hosting software.
- Defining a Microblog – Manton starts digging into what it means to be “a microblog.”
- Noah Read’s Snippets – Another approach to microblogging.
- The Web We Lost – Anil Dash reminisces about the more open nature of the web only a few years ago.
Sponsored by CocoaConf: the developer conference for those who think different.