Daniel and Manton discuss the end of The Daily newspaper app, trademark infringing copycat apps, and using a shared family computer for work purposes.
Download (MP3, 30 minutes, 14 MB)
- News Corporation PR – Press release including announcement of The Daily’s ceasing publication.
- The Daily Failed – Marco Arment’s take on the end of The Daily.
- Evening Edition – Digest of world news from the folks at Mule Design.
- Tweetmarks to Tweet Marker – Manton’s tweet noting his product renaming based on trademark conflict.
- Watermark Trademarks – An example of the variety of trademarks based on a common word.
- Dropbox – File sharing service mentioned in context of using whatever computer do do one’s work.
- iTunes Match – Apple’s subscription-based cloud music syncing service.
- PowerTunes – Fat Cat Software’s application for managing multiple iTunes libraries.
Sponsored by NUCLiOS: Tools for Native iOS Applications that Will Thrill You to the Core